Monday 23 March 2009

Walk the walk

...Okay, well hours of wasted time have revealed something to me:

I really should forget about the animation and concentrate on the game.

I was trying to make really nice 8 frame walk cycles. It's just not a good idea when you're only trained in rudimentary animation and trying to make the whole game on your own.
So due to how badly the Left/Right one came out, I'm sticking to 3 frame walk animations. It'll have to do. Hopefully I can have these finished for Thursday.

Some teething problems with the area size of the office. Urgh, I'm going to have to tweak it all so it's in proportion with the other areas. Not looking forward to that!
So my goal for Thursday is to see if I can have all the visual bits in order so I can finally start making the game work!

No comments: