Friday 19 February 2010

Whew


I'm going to call this one done. It's not the greatest model ever, but it's by far the best I've made yet. Making it better, I feel, would involve going back and tweaking the mesh and the UV layouts and stuff, and if I'm doing that, I may as well be starting over really.
There. I have made, unwrapped, textured, rigged and posed a model without any help. That's not bad going!
I guess I need to learn all this Z-brush milarkey now. Every time I say that, people jump up and say 'but normals are overrated/often overused/show them you can low poly well first!' Be that as it may, it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the job adverts want z-brush experience, and I want a job.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to say. I was down in London at the weekend at the Japanese Embassy because I was a winner in a National Manga competition called the 'Manga Jiman', as was fellow design MA grad Louise Ho, from the Illustration course. She won 4th and I was 9th.
http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/event/manga_jiman_09_announce.html
The winning entries are up on display in the Japanese Embassy for a few months, and I'll be having this one printed in an anthology book later this year too.
...Uh, so yeah, I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in Games or Comics. I get the feeling I will work in both at some point during my career! Hahaha!

No comments: