Monday 16 August 2010

Just in case you're missing me

I'm working as a freelance illustrator and going around the country drawing portraits to promote Dragon Quest 9 at the moment! Pretty cool, huh?

It's interesting how the new game being on the DS has finally spurred Sqare-Enix into promoting the Dragon Quest series. It's pretty much always outsold Final Fantasy in Japan. The new game is a LOT easier than previous DQ games, which have always been draconian (heh, pun) when it comes to difficulty. It's pretty fun. It has a veeeery old-skool feeling to it, so if you miss how jrpgs were when you were a kid, you'll enjoy it a lot. Me, I like the more experimental and inventive Final Fantasy series best, but I still think if you have a DS, DQ9 is worth a look. The multiplayer function is pretty cool, and the only time I've ever seen a JRPG with a decent multiplayer system!

No comments: